Autumn Quest 2013
Saturday, October 12th 2013, 8:15 am - 3:30 pm
at the Faith Covenant Church
1915 Washington St., Sumner, WA 98390-2020
Cyndi Ingle Howells' Topics will be:
- A Guided Tour of Cyndi's List 2.0
Cyndi Ingle Howells will show us how to effectively use the vast resources of Cyndislist.com to find the resources necessary to trace our family
history. Her recently renovated site is easier to use and has over 327,000 great genealogy links.
- Evernote for Every Genealogist
Clip notes from the web, write notes, record audio or webcam notes, and more. Sync your notebooks on the web, with your computer and with every
mobile device you own.
Mary's Topic will be:
Jim's Topic will be:
- A tour of Genealogy Search Engines
Jim will cover Google, Bing, Mocavo, Archives.com, and a host of other genealogy search engines. He will show us how to use the wildcard
functions in each search engine and how to pick the right search engine for each task.
Cyndi Ingle Howells is the owner and webmaster of Cyndi's List of Genealogy Sites on
the Internet, a categorized index to more than 327,000 online resources. A genealogist for more than 25 years, she is an active member of several
genealogical societies and a guest lecturer for genealogical society meetings and seminars. She is the author of three books for genealogical
research on the Internet.
Mary Kathryn Kozy has been working on her own family history for over 30 years, since she first became interested at the age of
13. Over the years she has researched families from the Midwest to the Deep South, and from both Western and Eastern Europe. She started her own
family history website in November 1996, and has continued developing it in her spare time. She has served as the web master, program chair, and
education chair for the South King County Genealogy Society and as the Education Chair for the Washington State Genealogical Society (WSGS). She is
serving as the Region 2 Representative for WSGS, serves as First Vice President of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Washington State, works on
the FamilySearch Indexing project, coordinates five USGenWeb counties, and teaches seminars! Mary is married and the mother of three wonderful
Jim Johnson is the Director of the Heritage Quest Research Library in Sumner, Washington, and is a member of the Association of
Professional Genealogists, New England Historic Genealogical Society, and the Tacoma-Pierce County Genealogical Society. Jim teaches genealogy
classes at HQRL and throughout the Northwest.
- 8:15 - 9:00 am - Registration
- 9:00 am - Welcome and opening remarks
- 9:15 - 10:15 am - Cyndi Ingle Howells - A Guided Tour of Cyndi's List 2.0
- 10:15 am - Break (15 min.) and door prize
- 10:30 - 11:30 am - Cyndi Ingle Howells - Evernote for Every Genealogist
- 11:30 am - 12:30 pm: Lunch (one hour)
- 12:30 - 1:30 pm - Mary Kathryn Kozy - Using FamilySearch.org, and the future of the Internet for genealogy
- 1:30 pm - Break (30 min.) and door prize
- 2:00 - 3:00 pm - Jim Johnson - A tour of Genealogy Search Engines
- 3:00 pm - Closing Remarks and Silent Auction announcements
The seminar is $40.00 per person, but if you pay early, we will give you a $5.00 discount.
So, register before October 5, 2013 and the seminar will only cost $35.00.
Lunch is $10.00 for the soup and sandwich bar. Sabrina's Lunch in a Box
Also featured at Autumn Quest
- HQRL Book Store
The HQRL bookstore will be on site with hundreds of genealogy selections.
The bookstore will be open from 8:00 - 2:00.
- Silent Auction
Winners will be announced at the end of the seminar.
- Donation Table
The donation table is your opportunity to select from a potpourri of items and donate whatever you wish.
All proceeds benefit our non-profit library.